Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Trouble Logging Out

• I’ve just installed bbPress for the first time at http://rudycarrera.com/bbpress, and it looks like it’ll be a fun program to use. However, I received this strange error message when trying to log out:

bbPress database error: [Table ‘rudycar4_bb.bb_online’ doesn’t exist]

SELECT * FROM bb_online WHERE user_id = 1 LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/rudycar4/public_html/bbpress/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:158) in /home/rudycar4/public_html/bbpress/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 168

How do I fix that?!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That “cannot modify header information” error comes from having whitespace at the beginning or end of a php file, before the opening <?php or after the closing ?>. Check any files you edited and check any plugins for blank lines at the end of the file. If there is no problem there, maybe there’s a problem with the latest release. I haven’t checked it out yet to see.

But, it’s from extra whitespace somewhere, looks like the bb_online plugin?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

What version of bbPress?

Thanks kindly for the reply, Chris. It worked. I deactivated all the plugins, so I will test them one by one. I really appreciate that!

Sam, it was the brand new version.

Sam, I do have a question for you, however. How does one install Akismet to bbPress? I’ve had no luck.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

To get Akismet working, you need an Akismet key. You need to register at http://wordpress.com/signup/ – you can check the radio button that says “Just a username, please.” and once you have an account, your Akismet key is in their somewhere (been a while since I had to look for it – but I think it’s “My Account > Edit Profile” and they “wordpress.com” key is there.) Once you have the key, you put it in your config.php like this:

$bb->akismet_key = ''; // Example: '0123456789ab

Just put your key in between those quotes, and you’re done.

Chris;

Did everything, but when I tried to activate it, I received this:

Plugin could not be activated; it produced a Fatal Error.

Is it that Akismet needs to have something special done to it?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you activate the akismet plugin in the admin panel? If that’s where the error is coming from, I don’t know what to say. Maybe it’s a problem with the new release.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar