Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Translation Page Issues (Page Template, Re-Direct, CSS Style)

• Jamie Dallaire
    Participant

@jamiedallaire

Hello,

I’ve got a simple forum set up using the shortcode. I used the same shortcode on the translated page (French). When bbPress is activated, I have noticed the following issues:

– The top right language switcher re-directs me to the french homepage instead of the community forums page. If bbpress is de-activated, the language switcher works as advertised. All other pages are fine.

– The shortcoded forum on the French page does not carry over custom css styles I input with the Simple Custom CSS plugin. Seems like it has to do with the page template I am using. For some reason, the English side automatically uses my theme’s ‘Upcoming Events’ template. I have the option to choose on the French side, but if I pick that same ‘Upcoming Events’ one, the custom css colours do not carry over.

And lastly, and I believe this is a concern of many. A moderator to the site can not create or modify forums – which I find ridiculous. Any work around to this?

Any help would be appreciated

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Jamie Dallaire
    Participant

@jamiedallaire

Because the site is live, I decided to share one page for both the English and French side for now. But eventually, I would like to have a separate page for each English and French, but I want them both to share the same forum shortcode.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar