Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Transferring forum to another host server (intranet)

• I am making this enquiry on behalf of the tech guy who is supposed to be migrating over to a uni intranet a bbPress forum I customised.

I originally hosted it on the server of my own web host, and all was working fine. There were also a few posts by various members of the uni faculty I was designing a website and the forum for.

The tech guy has been having trouble getting the customised version of the forum working on the uni intranet. I know very little technically, but I was thinking maybe it would be easier for him to simply download a new version of bbPress then copy and paste my customised pages.

Not sure how he’d get the posts to show up with the posters’ names and dates of their posts etc, though. I did email him the database of the bbPress forum I customised for them. Would this be all he needs?

I can’t recall for certain which pages I customised, but I can look back through this forum to find out, I guess. Anyway, interested in the advice of techies here as to the easiest way for this uni tech person to approach the migration task.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

If you didn’t hack the core and just templates, all they need to do is install the same version of bbPress you have installed, send them your custom theme files to install, and then send them a full export of your bbpress db to replace their default install. Then it should be identical.

Thanks, _ck_ – that’s what I figured (but without being able to express it in tech terms!).

Cheers, and thanks for your help, as always.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar