Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic title links to wrong topic

• Over at http://wordpress.dk/forum/ I have recently run into a very strange bug.

One user (myself) gets topic-title/topic-link mismatch on certain topics.

Example:

Title #1 -> forum/topic/title-1/

Title #2 -> forum/topic/title-2/

Title #3 -> forum/topic/title-6/ (mismatch!)

Title #4 -> forum/topic/title-4/

Title #5 -> forum/topic/title-5/

However, if I log out everything is fine.

I have tried everything I can think of;

Clearing the cache, cookies and sessions, different browsers, different computers, logging in and out — last I have created a new user and everything works great with that user. The thig is, I would really like to keep my old profile.

Have anyone ever had the same problem?

I can’t see how this is possible to some (only one actually) users and not others, and only when user is logged in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Please report the plugins that you are using. Also try to recount everything from the admin panel.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Please report the plugins that you are using. Also try to recount everything from the admin panel.

My client was just having this issue, but only on his account (well, no one else reported it to him, so there may have been more)

I optimized the database table, used the recount tool and that didn’t fix it, but if I accessed the topic directly from his account and made a post, the link would then be fixed. Then I hit “Mark All Topics as Read” and those certain post links would mess up again. I deactivated the Unread Posts (0.9.3) plugin and the bad links were immediately fixed.

My client was just having this issue, but only on his account (well, no one else reported it to him, so there may have been more)

I optimized the database table, used the recount tool and that didn’t fix it, but if I accessed the topic directly from his account and made a post, the link would then be fixed. Then I hit “Mark All Topics as Read” and those certain post links would mess up again. I deactivated the Unread Posts (0.9.3) plugin and the bad links were immediately fixed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar