Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic subscription on by default (can I turn it off by default?)

• janhoos
    Participant

@janhoos

Hey guys!

I’ve got the option to subscribe to topics on, but I dislike the fact that its already checked for every topic. So if a user is not paying attention, hes going to get a lot of e-mails.

I’d much rather have it off by default and let the user click the subscribe box if he wishes to subscribe to a topic.

Can I turn it off in a php file somewhere? I’ve looked around but could not find it. I was wondering if someone else ran in to the same “problem”.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• solhuebner
    Participant

@solhuebner

Try adding

function subscribed_by_default() {
    	echo '<script type="text/javascript">jQuery("#bbp_topic_subscription").prop("checked",false);</script>';
    }

add_action('bbp_theme_after_topic_form_subscriptions', 'subscribed_by_default');
    add_action('bbp_theme_after_reply_form_subscription', 'subscribed_by_default');

to your functions.php

janhoos
    Participant

@janhoos

Hi Solheubner,

Awesome! It totally worked haha! Sorry it took me so long to see your reply. For some reason I havent put on e-mail subscriptions.

Of course what you have now is that it does not check if you had a subscription on that topic and put a check in the box if you did. But this is a lot better then having it always on for everyone!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar