Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic index shortcode navigation issue

• johni33
    Participant

@johni33

I use [ bbp-topic-index] embedded on the front page of http://www.cpsarc.com and it’s been reported that clicking on the navigation links (for page 2 etc) doesn’t direct to forum pages, they display news posts.

However the same shortcode on the forum page, works as expected
    I can see the address generated for the link on the front page is cpsarc.com/?paged=2
    however on the forum page it’s cpsarc.com/?pageid=1555&paged=2 and pageid 1555 is the forum page.

John

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• nvkodde
    Participant

@nvkodde

Were you able to figure out this problem? I’m having the same issue.

johni33
    Participant

@johni33

No, it’s still doing it, no response from bbpress.

nvkodde
    Participant

@nvkodde

Not sure of the actual cause but bbPress 2.4 RC 1 seems to of fixed my problem.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

The reason for this is simple, when wordpress reads “?paged=2” it reads the second page of your posts, not the second page of your topics.

johni33
    Participant

@johni33

That may well be the reason, but what is the solution?
    surely bbpress needs to send commands to wordpress such that it produces the desired result, i.e. selecting a navigation link in a bbpress widget should navigate to the desired page in bbpress, not jump to some random news page.
    If it’s fixed in 2.4 as indicated above, that’s great but that’s not released yet.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

You can however download 2.4 already.

bbPress 2.4 – Release Candidate 1

Unfortunately bbPress is still in its early active development which means that a lot of wanted features are still being fabricated as we speak.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar