Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic count in forum under categories

• pyrobon
    Participant

@pyrobon

Hello guys,
    I’m using the latest version of WordPress and BBpress to date.
    I don’t know if this is expected default behavior but in the front page of my forum, the total topic counts only show in the categories and not next to each forum.

I would like the categories NOT to have any count, and for the counts only to show next to the forums.
    Any idea of what I could do?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• pyrobon
    Participant

@pyrobon

Sorry to bump this guys, could I get some help with this?

Robkk

@robkk

post a link to your website.

its most likely a theme issue

pyrobon
    Participant

@pyrobon

Robkk

@robkk

yeah you havent been really digging into your theme changing bbpress templates… i hope.

but i think it might be the way your themes set up , maybe your theme author did not style his theme for bbpress to handle categorized layouts.

contact your theme author

http://themeforest.net/item/x-the-theme/5871901/comments

other than that i guess deactivate your plugins one at a time, and see if you can find a plugin that might cause an issue.

pyrobon
    Participant

@pyrobon

Hey @Robkk
    Thanks for trying to help me. I did contact them but they told me that it would be custom development and it would be outside of the scope of their support :/
    I was wondering if I could get any hints on what files I’m supposed to be looking at or how this could be implemented generally.

pyrobon
    Participant

@pyrobon

Maybe could I request for this thread to be moves to the Themes board?

Robkk

@robkk

I did contact them but they told me that it would be custom development and it would be outside of the scope of their support :/

did you tell them that your topic and posts count should be beside the subforums.

if you just told him categorized layout they might be just thinking of the way the layout is structured , like this layout in the link where the subforums are alligned up to the categories.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/forums/

in all seriousness you should get some support from them.

The templates you should mess with are content-archive-forum.php content-single-forum.php loop-forums.php loop-single-forum.php

other than that its really hard for me to help from here since its a premium theme.

Maybe could I request for this thread to be moves to the Themes board?

i dont really know what your saying here, but i guess like i said try to contact them, they should help you out more since its most likely the themes problem.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar