Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

TinyMCE editor doesn't edit so well…

• Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

I’ve set things up so that you get the regular TinyMCE editor for making posts, and for MAKING posts it works great, but when you attempt to edit the post you get the HTML back in it’s “sanitized” form.

By which I mean (JIC I’m using the wrong term) you get ‘Test‘ rather then seeing Test as you’d expect in the text box.

The code comes back the & l t ; and & g t ; rather then the < and >.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

I never know how to write so tags will show up….

By which I mean (JIC I’m using the wrong term) you get < s t r o n g > Test < / s t r o n g > rather then seeing Test as you’d expect in the text box.

Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

One more time…

By which I mean (JIC I’m using the wrong term) you get < s t r o n g > Test < / s t r o n g > rather then seeing Test as you’d expect in the text box.

This is fixed in the upcoming 2.3.2.

Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

Any ETA on that? (I found this after setting it up on a live site, and I’m going to be asked)

Grzegorz Przeździecki
    Participant

@grzegorzprzezdziecki

Hi
    I’m interesting to when version 2.3.2. will be ready,
    Now I’m using bbPress Beta Tester plugin to update bbPress

Best Regards
    GP

I think if you update bbPress using the Beta Tester plugin it should pull down trunk, which contains the fix.

Give a try and see.

Grzegorz Przeździecki
    Participant

@grzegorzprzezdziecki

Hi Jared

I think, the Beta Tester not update from trunk. Maybe I’m wrong, someone should check this plugin.
    I download directly from svn/trunk and now works fine.

Best regards
    GP

Hmm, strange. The plugin should trigger the download of https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip which is 2.4 alpha (trunk).

We’ll have a look and see if the version compare isn’t running right. Thanks.

Grzegorz Przeździecki
    Participant

@grzegorzprzezdziecki

In this arch file have dated 26 April 2013, old
    It is not from directly svn

Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

Just installed the beta tester plug in and updated to v2.4-alpha and it did NOT fix this…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Just installed the beta tester plug in and updated to v2.4-alpha and it did NOT fix this…

Can you include more(any) information on what you’re seeing? From my testing, it’s fixed in trunk and in the 2.3.2-alpha, and fixed here on bbPress.org also.

Ted Thompson
    Participant

@yorokobi

Create a post in the visual editor it performs normally. Click “text” tab, and you see the tags as expected. Click the “visual” tab and again it appears normally.

Once POSTED, if you then attempt to edit it, you get the visual tab, and SEE the HTML tags. They are not however the actual tags, when you click the “text” tab you see they are actually & l t ; HTMLTAG & g t ;Whatever the text is& l t ;/HTMLTAG& g t ;

(I do believe that before 2.4-alpha that clicking the “text” tab would result in the same thing BEFORE posting, so it’s “semi” fixed)

WordPress 3.5.1
    bbPress 4.2-alpha
    bbPress – Mark as Read 0.3
    bbPress Beta Tester 0.1
    bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab 1.0
    bbPress Unread Posts 1.0
    GD bbPress Tools 1.4

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Is something wrong with the code tags here that you’re unable to use them? I’m having a hard time following exactly what to do to duplicate the issue you’re having.

I’ve tried each permutation of posting code and swapping between editors, and it appears to work correctly for me in what is now bbPress 2.3.2. I’ve also synced up dev trunk with deploy trunk, so the beta tester plugin should have the most recent changes in it too.

(Keep in mind that the beta-tester plugin doesn’t grab the latest version directly from trunk; it gets what I merge into WordPress.org Extend’s trunk. This helps me keep what the beta-tester plugin gets stable, even though bbPress.org’s trunk might not me.)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar