Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Time to announce the new bbPress and BuddyPress on WordPress.org perhaps?

• Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

So both bbPress and BuddyPress are now entering a new era of WordPress integration. Both plugins have become much more standardized and seamless.

Now all you need is more eyes and idle hands on the code, documentation and forums. There’s still no word of the renewed bbPress or BuddyPress in the admin panel’s “WordPress Blog” feed. The news that was once in “Other WordPress News” has since been moved far down the list where most people won’t see it.

A mention on wordpress.org could quite realistically make hundreds of thousands of WordPress users aware of these recent monumental developments. I think these plugins represent a crucial part of WordPress’ future; you ought to let the world know what’s happening on these new fronts.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • +1

Agree on everything.

with the small details that still need to be worked out, I think we’d better wait till a 2.1 release to actually mention it. a fair amount of people are still a little confused as to where the forums are installed to, how to administrate them, and most importantly, how to integrate their themes into the new bbpress. I’d say after those three major things are mentioned in the install instructions and made a bit clearer / automated, then it’s time to invite the masses :)

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

bump! 2.1 is out, along with a brand spanking new bbpress.org. If there ever was a time to introduce the WordPress community at large to bbPress this would be it 🙂

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

🙂 Eventually. Not *quite* there yet. Need to fill in some copy here first, migrate the codex, etc…

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

I’ll get right on that copy then 😉

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’ll get right on that copy then 🙂

With great power comes great responsibility.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar