Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Ticket #2094 (new defect) – https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2094

• AutomatedKid007
    Participant

@automatedkid007

I didn’t know where to post this so I figure I would put it in the troubleshooting forum.

Besides confirming the defect with creating a new group and the forum tab not showing up, but if a moderator can pass along another possible issue within the admin area of a buddypress group, and that’s when making a change to the group name – admin > details where those changes do not get passed along to bbpress and show up in the bbpress forums > all forums section.

In other words, the only way to make bbpress to see any changes to a buddypress group name is to delete the group altogether in buddypress and create a new one, then the changes are passed along to bbpress! As anyone would know, you can’t delete an existing Group without losing all the data, correct? ;(

I may be wrong, it happens lots of time, but I think this may somewhat be tied to the forum tab not showing up since they’re both a buddypress bbpress linkage issue.

If this helps, that’s all that counts.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Or, you could just rename the forum?

AutomatedKid007
    Participant

@automatedkid007

Maybe, maybe not. Or not really. Let me explain. Say, for example, you had several hundred groups in buddypress and overtime users (if the option is chosen where users can create their own) decided to change their names for whatever reason, 1) bbpress wouldn’t show any of those changes, at least that’s what I’m seeing; 2) using your example of manually doing it, someone would literally have to try to figure out what the former name was to the new name, locate it, change it along with the slug hoping the new name and slug don’t cause any current conflicts -not to mention potential mass headaches, drama, and a well deserved reason to quit; or 3) i’m not sure it’s even worth to continue to use bbpress if there isn’t more of an integration between the two plugins. Is just make any logical sense that a bp group name change doesn’t pass through to bbpress.

So John, are you saying this is all by design? Why is that?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar