Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tick a Disclaimer box before creating a new topic

• sn07
    Participant

@sn07

When a user creates a new topic I want them to tick a disclaimer box to agree to terms and conditions and click a link to a view the T&C’s page. Ideally I would like the submit button to only activate after the box is ticked.
    Had anyone done anything similar or know if this is possible?
    Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

You could use some simple jQuery if you want it just as a simple UI confirmation.

http://pastebin.com/eLXF3Jxg

sn07
    Participant

@sn07

Thanks, I don’t know java so am trying to do this with php/html (new to those as well though). I have made some progress as have edited form-topic.php and created a checkbox with some text to the left of the Submit button. I have also disabled the submit button initially. I know I don’t have the right value in EnableSubmit at the moment.

What I need to do now is allow the Submit button to be enabled when the checkbox is ticked and disable it again if the checkbox is unticked. Do you know what I need EnableSubmit to call or if I need an if statement around it?

php do_action( ‘bbp_theme_before_topic_form_submit_button’ ); ?>

input type=”checkbox” name=”DISCLAIMER” value=”Accept” onClick=”EnableSubmit(button submit)”>Tick to accept this Disclaimer before pressing the Submit button.

button type=”submit” onclick=”this.disabled=true” tabindex=”” id=”bbp_topic_submit” name=”bbp_topic_submit” class=”button submit”>

?php do_action( ‘bbp_theme_after_topic_form_submit_button’ ); ?>

• This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by sn07.
    • This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by sn07.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar