Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

This username does not exist

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Inactive

In fact, I get an error of “username does not exist” and am troubled.

The upshot was the same even if I returned it to WordPress 2.5.1_ja.

When can keep inputting an arbitrary account name by installation of ‘bbpress’; database error “ bbPress database error:

I become・・・・

[Table ‘databasename.bb_posts’ doesn’t exist “, and installation cannot be completed.]

An installation procedure is bad or is that it is a bug of BBpress0.9.0.2 the problem of the server side?

I want to take a possible cause investigation and measures.

Thanking you in advance

davidbaldwin

@davidbaldwin

is there a fix to this problem?

peace

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I have no idea why it’s happening, but how about trying some troubleshooting steps.

Can you create a new user and log in with that?

Do you have access to the database with a tool like phpMyAdmin where you can look at the tables and see if the bb_users or wp_users tables are there, and if the user actually does exist?

davidbaldwin

@davidbaldwin

If I try and create a new user, I get the error:

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/turner/public_html/lifelightcam/bbpress/bb-includes/db-mysql.php on line 180"

I can log into wordpress just fine with my user id and password, but not into bbpress. I checked and the user id does exist in wp_users

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Does bbPress need to be ‘reinstalled’ after going backwards to WordPress 2.5.1? Like, if the bbPress installation made changes to the database with WordPress 2.6, then you rolled back to WordPress 2.5.1, you would lose the changes that bbPress made to the wp_users and wp_usermeta table, right? Would you need to reintegrate with the WordPress 2.5.1 database?

davidbaldwin

@davidbaldwin

I tried re-installing bbpress, but after I got past the first step (inserting the bbpress database info), it brings me to the forum home page. I cannot log in using any of the user id’s.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sorry, fresh out of ideas after that. I suspect that bbPress needs to be reinstalled after downgrading WordPress, but I don’t know why that failed for you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar