Categories
Search
Bottom

Theming the Recent Replies Widget

• jackhudson2012
    Participant

@jackhudson2012

Hey,

I’ve looked through all the template/views files and I am having trouble finding the file that controls the recent replies widget. I’d like to update the layout and CSS. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Jack

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• jackhudson2012
    Participant

@jackhudson2012

Also – curious if there is a way to show the topic created date instead of the “5 seconds ago..”

Robin W

@robin-w

It is in the widgets.php file

located at

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/widgets.php

start at line 1064

you should be able to find the time in there somewhere

NOTE : this file will be overwritten by bbPress updates. You might do better to fork the code into your own plugin to prevent overwrites.

I think (but am not sure) the styling comes from other wordpres & bbPress elements and has no direct bbpress.css elements

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

To style the widget use this, I did it to mine and now is just a background with text and lines.
    Title stripped, border stripped, ect.
    Adjust it as needed.

#bbp_replies_widget-2 {width: 400px ! important; height: 500px ! important;  float:right;}
    #bbp_replies_widget-2 .widget-title { display:none ! important }
    #bbp_replies_widget-2 { border: none ! important; box-shadow: none ! important; background-color: #DDE8F4 ! important; }

It could be that yours has a different number #bbp_replies_widget-2, so maybe 1 or 3 or 4
    You can find it in the Page Source of your forum or use Firebug
    I use the ID instead of the class, incase of using the widget more then once. Then you can style them separate.

If you are going to make changes use a custom bbpress.css file in your theme so updates don’t override your changes 🙂
    https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar