Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme problem

• chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Hi,

today just moved my site to another hosting service provider.

before moving to another hosting service provider, my bbpress forum was working perfectly,

now its not showing properly…i thinks its theme problem

see link

http://bit.ly/1jU6CK0

please give me a solution……

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

any one ?

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

i am getting 404 error for this two files.

plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css/bbpress.css
    plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/editor.js

any hope for solution ?

Robin W

@robin-w

Did you move the bbpress files, or install bbpress?

If you have not changed the bbpress files in your old site, then I’d deactivate the bbpress plugin and then delete it, and then re-install from the web.

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Did everything..

Reinstalled, activated, deactivated….

But no hop…

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

downloaded from bbpress.org and re installed but same problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, lets work out where the problem lies.

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

then come back

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

1. Checked with twentytwelve theme.

2. Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error. -same problem

see below image i can check log status from better wp security.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd197/chetan_2002_2003/Capture_zps8077a5d6.jpgii

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, but did you actually do the functions 1 & 2?

Since reinstalling (which would add those files back if missing) has not fixed, we have to presume that those files are there (have you looked?), and that something is preventing access, hense try the pugins and themes.

If you have trued, but with no success, come back

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Thanks for prompt response….

did you actually do the functions 1 & 2? means ???

both files(editor.js & bbpress.css) are already available in dir.

yes checked after disabling wp security.

still same problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

‘did you actually do the functions 1 & 2? means ???’ sorry I meant had you done the checks, but on a re-read yes you have !

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

any another option ?

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

I looked at this when you first posted and you were working on it so I came back to it before I went to bed and it was all working correctly – now it’s not, of course.

There is something that is causing your css and js directory paths to be incorrect. Your files are there but it’s getting confused about where “there” is.

I know it’s frustrating (I’d be frustrated at any rate) but maybe go back and disable all plugins and then make sure you’ve cleared your browser’s cache completely using eg Chrome->Tools->Clear browsing data to test.

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

I looked at this when you first posted and you were working on it so I came back to it before I went to bed and it was all working correctly – now it’s not, of course. – Right at that time my server was using old hosting and my name server was not updated thts y at that time it was showing correctly, after some time it was updated and got the issue.

There is something that is causing your css and js directory paths to be incorrect. Your files are there but it’s getting confused about where “there” is. – Right, Need to check, or i ll ask to my hosting service provider to check with firewall.

I know it’s frustrating (I’d be frustrated at any rate) but maybe go back and disable all plugins and then make sure you’ve cleared your browser’s cache completely using eg Chrome->Tools->Clear browsing data to test.- Did same thing but no luck.

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

Yeah, it might have been a dns propagation issue, I didn’t think of that. It didn’t work, then you disabled bbpress and then it worked a couple of hours later (I did check a few times) then wasn’t working the next morning.

Do you have bbpress-functions.php in your WP theme folder? You could try editing that to give the correct path.

OR what you could do is just ignore the 404 and add them in separately. So workaround rather than fix. I’m guessing all your css and js files in your template directory are not getting included. But they’re there – I can see them.

This isn’t pretty and will stop working if you change themes or hosts, it’s like fixing trousers with duct tape, but it might work – you can and should keep trying to fix things in the meantime.

It goes into functions.php but don’t add using the admin area editor as if something goes wrong and you don’t have another way of editing files, you’re in deep trouble. I say that because I’m not really convinced it’s completely right, there’s no conditional logic for the js files so you need to be prepared to fix it if needs be (or ask, that’s fine, too!).

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'mjj_readd_scripts');
    function mjj_readd_scripts(){

wp_register_style( 'ifuture-styles', '/ifuture/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css/bbpress.css' );
    	wp_register_script( 'ifuture-editor', '/ifuture/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/editor.js' );
    	wp_register_script( 'ifuture-reply', '/ifuture/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/reply.js' );
    	wp_register_script( 'ifuture-topic', '/ifuture/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/topic.js' );
    	wp_register_script( 'ifuture-user', '/ifuture/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/user.js' );	

wp_enqueue_script( 'ifuture-editor' );
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'ifuture-reply' );
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'ifuture-topic' );
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'ifuture-user' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'ifuture-styles' );

}

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you sooo much .. you saved my life….

after declaring full path of both files in bbpress-functions.php,

and adding script to theme function.php its work like magic….

also 404 errors gone…..

but this gives 403 to my shop page…

again thanks for prompt response……..

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Done problem solved , my another directory shop was creating some problem…

wooow now its working….

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

Oh good! Glad it’s all going well now.

Ha – I just got a “slow down; you move too fast” posting error. Trust me bbpress.org website, I’m human.

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

after updation same 404 errors … do i need to change anything in fucnction.php???

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

any update?

nancie
    Participant

@nancie

Hi.. I am using stargate theme for a website related to videos just like movie25.ws

I had problem with my theme when my website was hosted by service provider i.e. hostagator. My website use to show 522 error. I told them about this problem and they said that everything is ok from their end and now I have changed the host provider and I am facing same problem and they are saying that tim thumb in my website’s theme is giving problem. It is not loading quickly and hence my website takes time to open.

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

So.. again issue is back. After letest update again getting below 404 error that “bbpress.min.css?ver=2.6.2” missing.

/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css/bbpress.min.css?ver=2.6.2

what to do ?

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

getting lots of 404 erros.

plugins/bbpress/templates/default/js/user.js?ver=5.3.2

can i have the solution ?

Robin W

@robin-w

looks like it is the same issue as 5 years ago – specific to your site, so there is little I can suggest

chetan0412
    Participant

@chetan0412

Yes, Same issue, and also tried previous suggetion but still same errors

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar