Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

theme plugin will not load top level template files

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

What function do I have to add to my plugin file in order to get bbPress to load the top level template files?

I have a plugin that has a structure as follows:

my-custom-theme/

plugin.php

my-custom-theme – includes all the top level templates like archive-forums.php, archive-topics.php, etc

my-custom-theme/bbpress – includes all the template files found in the standard bbPress plugin such as loop-forums.php, loop-replies.php, etc

my-custom-theme/css – includes bbpress.css

The problem I am having is when I activate my plugin, the css is being loaded properly from my plugin, and the template files found within the /bbpress directory are also loading properly from within my plugin.

THE PROBLEM:

When activated the top-level template files such as archive-forums.php, archive-topics.php, etc are not loading.

Instead, bbPress is loading the standard page.php file from twentyten, which is the theme I have activated.

So everything works, EXCEPT the loading of the top-level templates.

What function do I have to add to my plugin in order to get bbPress to also recognize those files?

*It is completely confusing as to why bbPress would see everything except those files….

And YEAH, I’ve tried everything I can think of for almost a week now. I’ve asked 2 other bbPress developers and neither of them has a clue either, so I’m not that ignorant of lazy.

Here is the 500th attempt at getting it right:

http://pastebin.com/tNKV9nT7

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar