Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme Packages

• kausikc
    Participant

@kausikc

I installed bbPress 2.1.3 on WordPress 3.4.2. In the settings page, I see the following:

Theme Packages

How your forum content is displayed within your existing theme.
    Current Package
    – bbPress Default (bbp-theme-compat)
    – Twenty-ten bbPress

If I select the 1st option, forum page comes up nicely, none of the existing forums show up. If I select the 2nd options, existing forums show up, but the layout is completely broken.

I am using custom WordPress theme. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kausikc
    Participant

@kausikc

I guess that no one has seen this issue. I have this problem with the setting “bbPress Default (bbp-theme-compat)” when WordPress theme is anything other than twenty ten (bbpress). Just nothing shows up with other WP themes.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s been less than a day, and these forums move pretty slowly; when someone has something to add, they will.

Until then, it’s safe to say that your theme is most likely the culprit here. You’ll want to try bbPress with some other WordPress themes, and see if they play nicer together out of the box.

kausikc
    Participant

@kausikc

>> You’ll want to try bbPress with some other WordPress themes, and see if they play nicer together out of the box.

Already tried. It only works with twnetyten (bbpress) theme. It does not work with twnetyeleven. I’ll download a few more and give it a try.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Both work fine with TwentyEleven and TwentyTwelve. If it isn’t working, something else is wrong.

kausikc
    Participant

@kausikc

Yep. Confirmed. I installed a brand new site, then bbPress. All themes work. Then installed my custom theme. Everything messed up. (Being new to bbPress) what could be the cause that blocks the whole bbPress section with this custom theme?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Anything from incorrect query_posts() usage, to not using wp_reset_query() where you should, and on, and on…

If your there supports bbPress already (meaning it has the templates already where they belong) it doesn’t need any additional code in functions.php.

kausikc
    Participant

@kausikc

I do not think the theme formally supports bbpress. Should I copy files as mentioned in https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/ and set theme package to “compat”?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar