Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

The website encountered an error while retrieving the url

• on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

I installed the standalone version of bbpress here. The install file is physically located on http://www.compusoftdevelopment.com/forum/bb-admin/install.php. When I navigate to that link, I get this error:

“The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.compusoftdevelopment.com/forum/bb-admin/install.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.”

I tried installing bbpress as a WordPress plugin, but that didn’t work either. Basically, 1) I activated the plugin from my WordPress site, 2) created a forum from the admin panel, 3) activated the ‘bbpress’ theme which looks like twentyten. Then when I went to the main homepage, there was no actual way to get to the forum except from a direct link as there was no way to create a menu option for it. I am honestly very confused on how to get bbpress to actually work. My company is on my back about it. Thanks for any help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

Unfortunately I never got this sorted out because no one responded within the time of my deadline. So I deleted the entire standalone installation off my server and installed a fresh instance of WordPress. Then I installed/activated bbPress within the Admin panel of WordPress. At this point, I uploaded the bb-blueSands theme to my themes directory in WordPress. Nothing changed, it still looks exactly like “TwentyTen”. When I try to activate the new theme, it errors, “The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template…template is missing.” I don’t understand how to properly activate a bbPress Theme so i can actually use this as a real forum module.

on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

I fixed it. The problem was the theme. Either I was installing it incorrectly and not properly activating it as a WordPress Child Theme, or the theme was simply broken. I installed a standalone bbpress theme here and it worked right off the get go. Topic can be closed.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar