Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"The tag was not removed."

• When I try to delete a tag from a topic page, I get an error page saying:

“The tag was not removed.

Back to the Forums”

Is there any known problem that would keep me from deleting tags? The account is a WP user that was integrated over as the first user and set as the key master. I also tried another key master account with no luck. What can I do to clear some tags?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Someone reported a similar issue:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-10-released#post-37903

Apparently some themes use AJAX to delete tags… those are now broken I think?

If you use a default theme like Kakumei, can you delete the tag?

The theme I’m using was Kakumei to start with and should still be functioning in mostly the same ways. I’ve made a ton of style edits and installed a bunch of plugins but all the tag functions are untouched.

Try activating the default Kakumei theme and deleting a tag, just to be sure?

If that doesn’t work, it could be a bug with v 1.0… in which case, please post the report to trac!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There have been tag problems even here on bbpress.org with 1.0 and the problem may be related.

Try it with javascript disabled so the ajax doesn’t kick in and you can see the actual error perhaps.

I had the same problem when I wanted to upgrade an old theme, when I have update to 1.0 I could not remove tags, for solve this issue I copied “topic-tag.php” from kakumei to my custom theme.

grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

So the solution is replacing the theme’s “topic-tag.php” with kakumei’s? That’s it?

Ohna, you using one of these themes? (http://www.refueled.net/free-bbpress-themes/)

I use my own personal custom theme and it’s works for me.

I just tried replace “topic-tags.php” from kakumei in the theme in your link, no issue.

Sorry for my bad english.

grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

Works like a charm. Thanks Ohna.

AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

This was extremely helpful. Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar