Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Template of this forum??

• gregory9885

@gregory9885

Has anyone made a template of this forum? Or does anyone know how to do this. It would be really helpful to me.

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Trent have you gotten a minute to look at this problem?

I have it so it works just like the forum here now. It just required a fix for the way the search form worked and the way the username and password forms were displayed. The profile links works the same as here. I am not sure what you want the profile to look like to be honest.

http://onvertigo.com/downloads/bbpress-forum.zip

Trent

Hi Trent,

When I go into ‘Profile’, the three buttons “Profile”, “Edit” and “Favorites” are pushed to the extreme right hand side of the screen. (Firefox current build and Safari current build).

I don’t know if that is the intended placement of these buttons, but I would find them more visually pleasing if they were in the <P> .login section of the header. ANy hints on how to move them there (I am having no luck on my own). Thanks!

If you go to: http://www.wetworx.com/images/pic1.jpg you can see a screen cap of what I am talking about.

OK, I don’t know if this is supposed to be how it looks, (tabbed, with the single horizontal bar over the selected tab, double over the other two non-selected tabs). This is how I got it.

Original:

#profile-menu {

list-style: none;

position: absolute;

right: 0;

}

Which I changed to:

#profile-menu {

list-style: none;

position: relative;

right: 0;

}

Sigh, which only seems to work with FireFox.

Anyone have any other ideas?

That is the intended placement for the forums here as well as the other wordpress forums. It can be changed though! I would just edit style.css for this portion:

/* Profile Page
    =================================== */

#profile-menu {
    }

#profile-menu li {
    font-size: 1.1em;
    background-color: #eee;
    padding: 4px 7px;
    display: inline;
    border-top: 3px single #9e9e9e;
    position: relative;
    top: -10px;
    }

All I did there was take out the positioning for profile-menu itself so it displays inline and then changed the border of the list items themselves to have a single border on top instead of the double. You can edit that more to get it to look the way you want as well.

That being said, I am leaving it as is because it is the closest to the ‘actual forum’ with the profile menu on the right hand side floating……but this will fix you up!

Trent

Thanks Trent!

ETA. It works on both Safari and FireFox.

Hey Trent, Don’t know if it matters to you, but it was bugging me <s>, the ‘Views’ section at the bottom of the front page was aligned to far left for my tastes, I added this into my style2.css file:

#viewdiv {

padding: 0 7px;

margin-bottom: 2px;

}

And it brought the ‘Views’ Section into alignment with the rest of the tables.

Trent, Another problem I am having (If these questions are getting to be annoying just let me know, I appreciate your time).

On my site http://www.wetworx.com/forums/ the search field is to the extreme left, while the submit button is is on the extreme right, and lower by about 100 pixels.

messing with the style.css doesn’t seem to have any effect (Kind of puzzling that one).

Any hints or pointers?

Thanks!

Try <p align=”left”> or something or throw it in a div and align that to the left where the search form starts…

edit: well this sounds weird, but it’s late overhere

Not sure what it was originally, wmarcy, but it’s all a bit screwy. They’re in seperate paragraphs, which means they can’t be side-by-side (unless they’re both ID’d and have seperate float rules). So basically, find the form (as in, form HTML element) for the search and replace it by:

<form method="get" action="http://www.wetworx.com/forums/search.php">
    Search: <input type="text" value="" name="q" maxlength="100" size="40"/>
    <input type="submit" class="inputButton" value="Search ยป"/>
    </form>

The Submit button however still won’t be on the right, but at least it’ll be level and since it wantonly jumps about when you text-align or float it right I can’t be bothered with making it right-aligned. Make the width of your search bar wider or something if you need to push it over.

Thanks Fel64, I wrapped your code up into a table and it dragged the recalcitrant submit button into the proper position. <lol> How come it is the little things that eat away?

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar