Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

TalkPress suggestions

• Since I have no idea where else to put it, I’ll just do it here.

My suggestions:

1) All functionality of bbPress (duh)…

2) 1 (optional) core myplugins folder. Plugins in this folder are accesable for all forum owners/admins. This way we don’t have to upload all plugings for each new forum that is created for a new person…

3) 1(optional) core template folder. Like 2, but then with themes …

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

TalkPress is going to be like WordPress.com, it’s hosted.

You won’t have plugins (or at least access to them).

Maybe themes and customizable css for $$$

We will not be able to download talkpress and do some hosting on our own? We can do that with wordpressMU, so why not with talkpress?

Hellweaver666

@hellweaver666

We will not be able to download talkpress and do some hosting on our own? We can do that with wordpressMU, so why not with talkpress?

BBPress == WordPress(.org)

TalkPress == WordPress.com

WordPressMU came after WordPress.com if my memory serves me right, so we probably won’t be seeing a BBPressMU until sometime well after TalkPress goes live (which itself is probably a year or so away).

Of course, it may never happen, I’m just speculating. ;)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

There will be a sort of super plugin that you will be able to integrate into bbPress to get most of the functionality of TalkPress. The working name for the project is “bbPress Channels”. It will be released after TalkPress.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I think I’ve been salivating for 10 months waiting for this. :)

Any info on when we can see bb_channels?

bump. :) after reading wordpress and bbpress forums and posts and … finally coming to the realization that what I’m looking for is this “bbpress channels” extension. I’d love to know when it might be available? We’re going to unleash bbpress on hundreds of sites via a multisite server if we can get bbmu to work… I ‘spose I can write my own extension, but it’d be more fun to install and tweak yours. :) thanks!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Th bbPress plugin will actually help make this happen, possibly by way of using WordPress multisite and letting each site/network have their own bbPress setup.

If you wanted to use existing bbPress stand alone, I’m not sure where the channels code is to see if it’s available to share. Will see what I can did out.

Thanks… We would love to be able to use the channels extension. If there’s anything we can do… just tell us where to send the chocolate or beer or whatever. :) Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar