Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tags with spaces

• Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

Does anyone know of a way to modify bbPress so that tags can be separated by something other than spaces (such as commas). I’d like to have tags that can contain spaces, ie. Santa Claus as one tag instead of Santa and Claus

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Right now, I think the only way you can add multiple names in tags is after it is created. Then, you can add the multiple tags at once.

Trent

Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

What I found, through trial and error, was that if you put tags in a new post each word becomes a tag. However, if you go back into the post and use the add tag it is added as a single tag even if it is several words. In other words if you create a new topic and enter Santa Claus North Pole you will have those four words as tags. If you go back in to the topic after you’ve created it you can add Santa Claus, then add North Pole, and you will have two tags of two words each.

I know the answer is in the functions somewhere, but I just can’t quite find it. Perhaps I need to put this in the request forum.

Yup! Sorry you didn’t see my message quicker. Right now, that seems to be the only way to add multiple word tags….after the post is created. I can be done though, it would just require a plugin I think.

Trent

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar