Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tags spam

• Some users add stupid tags in my forum. Is there a way to know who writes which tags? Then I can ban them.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The user is recorded in the bb_tagged table. In that table are

tag_id

user_id

topic_id

tagged_on

From there, you could figure out the tag_id of the offending tag, then who applied that tag. Then you could deal with it.

Personally though, I just delete stupid tags.

It’s a small forum, but I don’t really get people tagging and I’m not sure I see the use in general anyway (if no-one minds a discussion?). I’m really just tagging because it’s there. I can see how it’s useful for images, yeah, but topics doesn’t seem to be the sort of thing tags are useful for. They lend themselves to text-based searching so well anyway. Maybe if you really liked reading through topics by theme?

Thanks a lot.

heh heh heh

And we’ve been told that staff couldn’t see who made tags over in wp.com land. ;)

I didn’t mention it when it was brought up, but I knew that when that was brought up drmike! ;)

Trent

Actually I can’t see them digging through the databases like that just to do a lookup for a tag.

If they would, they would had dug for all those attached to the Girly Themes thread. “Sexist” “Stupid” etc.

Point is, it would be a simple plugin to right to create a tag cloud of the tags that a person puts up by pulling the information from the database as an admin tool though.

Trent

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar