Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Subscribe link in Breadcrumbs

• shanerbaner82
    Participant

@shanerbaner82

I have seriously looked everywhere and I am not sure what else to do. I am somewhat a noob to bbPress but not at all to the wordpress way of things. Iam a freelance developer. For the life of my I cannot find how to remove the subscription link from the pagination. The best I could do was float it to the right of the page, I do not want to display:none it because I want it show on replies. If anyone knows where I can remove this I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.
    Shane

PS here is a link to where I would like it removed:
    http://kun.webrevllc.com/themen/kunst/

Oh, WP 3.8.2 and BBPress 2.5.3, thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

You can take out <?php bbp_forum_subscription_link(); ?> in content-single-forum.php . I have a bbpress directory in my theme (eg mytheme/bbpress/) where I’ve copied the entire default template and those files overwrite the default theme which I got from templates/default/bbpress in the plugin.

So you’d have something like yourtheme/bbpress/content-single-forum.php. I’m looking at this https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/step-by-step-guide-to-creating-a-custom-bbpress-theme/ and getting confused but I have a feeling you’ll work it out! Anyway, that’s where that code is.

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

Adding for completeness: I have bbpress-functions.php and bbpress.php in the main theme directory, not in the bbpress subdirectory.

shanerbaner82
    Participant

@shanerbaner82

Hey!
    So thank you so much. I did not follow that tutorial on how to create the bbPress subdirectory in my theme. I built this theme from scratch and read somewhere that bbpress first looks in your theme files for the template files and had already moved everything exactly the way you described. I found that link in the file and BAM! THANKS SO MUCH!

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

Yay! Alright, glad it worked. 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar