Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Style in a Forum post question

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The .alt replies (the class is generated and added automatically by bbPress) are being formatted improperly. Try with the default theme and see if they look correct. If they do, figure out what you did wrong when modifying the theme. It looks to be something in the CSS.

EyeSeeSound

@eyeseesound

Hi Chris,

thanks for that. Ok, i’m using the default template, I just changed it. I looked at a pre-edited version of the style sheet and the .alt div only has one element which is background-color which i haven’t changed.

Not to say that you aren’t correct, but not sure what to do about it if you are.

Any further ideas? I’m thinking the .alt only changes teh colour to white, rather than cream, so maybe another CSS element needs to be corrected?

Cheers

EyeSeeSound

@eyeseesound

right, just uploaded the original style sheet and seen the issue.

basically, the initial design is such that the part of the post which has the users name is in white, so when the .alt tag makes it white the part of the post with the users name becomes white too, whereas i changes mine to black. In the original this looks fine, on mine it doesn’t.

I changed my .alt to grey and i can see that the code is such that the whole section changes to grey, including the user name bit, and the cute little curves on the post aren’t there.

So i guess i either have to live with it or somehow figure out how to make the .alt tag reflect the normal curved bit.

Still, at least the mystery is explained even if it isn’t resolved, and thanks for the pointer :)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Here I changed the background color of #wrapper:

http://chrishajer.com/bbpress/alt-unstyled.png

You know, I just checked this, and the .alt is not really styled like the odd numbered posts (1,3,5, etc with the rounded corners.) Since you changed the background color of #wrapper (I think) the unstyled aspect of the .alt posts shows up.

I don’t think you will have to change anything you did already, but you will need to add some more CSS rules for styling the .alt posts like the other posts are, to add the rounded colors and then change the background color of the avatar area.

Never saw that one before. Looks like you just have more CSS work to do to style the .alt replies.

EyeSeeSound

@eyeseesound

Hi Chris,

yeah, i tried adding the style elements from the main section and it worked in a way, but it wrapped the style around the whole thing so if i kept the mergin left at 130px it put the user name within the post section, and when i removed that obviously the style ran the whole length.

Basically i figure it is something to do with the way it is coded and i can’t alter php (break it, yes, alter it properly, no :) and I can live with how it is now, unless someone else has actually adressed this before and can post the steps to it… :)

Thanks though mate, appreciate the time.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I edited my previous post.

I haven’t seen it before. It’s just a matter of applying some of the styles to the .alt reply and then adding some style to the left side to let the background color come through rather than being tied together with the reply.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar