Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Strange new bug has occured, need immediate help.

• A user posted a topic on my forum which totally messed up the css of my forum. Only for that specific topic.

Heres the link to the topic: http://www.michaeljackson.no/forum/topic.php?id=331&replies=3&message=closed

I have no idea why this has happened. A wild guess would be the profanity filter plugin, but no words are being censored or affected at all. This is the first time this has happened in a year of running bbpress.

All other topics are just fine. Check yourself to see what a normal topic looks like, by hitting the home-link in the header.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Take a look at the source of that page, around line 111. For some reason there is an additional DOCTYPE and a whole other document being loaded in there. Not sure where that’s coming from, if it’s the user’s profile or from a plugin. But that is what’s causing the layout problem.

It’s interesting that other posts by that user look OK, so it’s probably not a profile problem.

How about this:

tr.im is currently unavailable ...

It seems this is not unique to this topic at all.

Suddenly, ALL topics created after this topic was created one hour ago, will mess things up. No matter whats written in the header.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you just delete that topic?

Before I do that, I want to through a wild hypothesis out there.

This topic has the topic ID “331”.

And my forum now has exactly 133 registered users. Is there a crash between these numbers?

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

http://tr.im/ is actually overloaded and it output an xhtml error page that is injected on your page. See row 111.

It seems that: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/social-it/ doesn’t handle this kind of error.

So Social It is what causes this problem?

How come all other topics looks okay? But this topic suffers, and all others created afterwards?

I just created three test topics which all suffered from the same bug.

´Please understand that this does not affect any software that has tr.im available within it. tr.im’s API is available, and redirections are working normally.´

Ahem. Tr.im is claming this.

I was not aware of this website at all, but is it perhaps used to shorten urls for the Social It-plugin, to post them to Twitter?

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Change your URL shortener.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

And also remove all generated short URL (that’s an option just below where you change the short url service).

Gautam, worked perfect. And it was very easy to do with your great plugin.

Problem solved.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

:-)

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

This topic has the topic ID “331”.

And my forum now has exactly 133 registered users. Is there a crash between these numbers?

Smartest thing I´ve ever said.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar