Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Strange forum formatting

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ThemeTon
    Participant

@themeton

I saw there some styling from your theme (ShopAndBuy). That style adds fontawesome icon for every LI elements. But bbpress has so many ul/li structure for formatting forum section and that style makes this issue there. Please manage or remove that styles from line 350 of “ShopAndBuy/css/shortcodes.typography.css”

Thanks

Baker
    Participant

@rolandbaker

Thanks ThemeTon. I was able to remove the FontAwesome icons with some override code.

Regarding the way my sub-forums are being displayed…side-by-side, is this the “out-of-the-box” format for bbPress? If bbPress requires lots of coding/formating I’ll probably scrap it and switch to something more streamlined.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes that is the default – see

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

to change it

Baker
    Participant

@rolandbaker

Thanks for the link Robin. Crap load of customizing with bbPress, but I’ll stick it out and see what I can come up with. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

depends on your view, and to a large extent what theme you’re using 🙂

You can view the forum as light and customisable, or choose one that has loads of presets but not easily changeable.

Anyway I hope you are either able to stick with bbPress or find a you you like.

And remember it’s free, so if you think it’s crap, it’s free crap, so you can’t really complain !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar