Categories
Search
Bottom

Splitting forum into two pages.

• cybarmitzvah
    Participant

@cybarmitzvah

Hi guys,

I run astronomertalk.com, I am trying to get every forum except for the “user review category and subforums” on the forum page, but then just put “user review forum + categories” under astronomertalk.com/reviews.

I am pretty close because on astronomertalk.com/review it just has the review forum, however on the main forum page it has everything including the “review” category and forums. I want to get rid of it on the forum/main page. Does anyone know how?

Best,
    JB

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I would love to help, but simply cannot fathom what you are trying to do.

I’m not sure if ‘user review category and subforums” is the same as β€œuser review forum + categories’or if these are different, and where they are in nay case
    I can’t see a forum called ‘user reviews’ and no subforums for that
    The link astronomertalk.com/reviews. takes me to a login page
    the link astronomertalk.com/review goes to a 404 page
    and I’m not sure quite what you’re talking about when you say you want to get rid of the forum/main page – do you mean astronomertalk.com

Can you come back with a more detailed question, with not only a link nut what is either there (and where on the page eg ‘under headingxx’) or not there that you would like

The answer is probably yes we can, when I know what the can is πŸ™‚

cybarmitzvah
    Participant

@cybarmitzvah

hi Robin,

I just figured it out. check out the site astronomertalk.com then check astronomertalk.com/reviews, as you can see I there are two different forums but still connected.

What I did was create a category parent for the category and sub forums, then deleted the category parent leaving the category and sub forums with no parent so they did not show up in the whole forum list on the main page, then I posted them under astronomertalk.com/reviews.

^ Boom!

“The link astronomertalk.com/reviews. takes me to a login page” – Sorry I was playing around with it, now it should be good check it out,

Best,
    JB

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey great – I just took a look and now see what you were trying to do, glad you’re fixed πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar