Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Split an existing topic

• I’ve just had a user post a help request on the end of a thread. He’s asking something which is unrelated to the thread itself, and he’s obviously not found the “new topic” button.

What I’d like to be able to do is split the discussion so his post starts a new topic.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thud, thud, thud <- that’s my head on the wall :)

It’s happened again! Another forum user has added their problem onto a thread which is tackling a different issue entirely.

Joe Public just doesn’t seem to dig that it’s OK to start a new topic.

Having looked a bit at the DB structure I think splitting a thread should be fairly easy, any thoughts or hints, please shout – I’m going to look at a plugin when I have time, but time is short currently.

If someone else has some spare cycles I’ll willingly test it, even if it’s really rough :D

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

bumpety

I have a need for this again. Has anyone looked into this?

I trac‘d it last week… Uni will be over soon, then I’ll have time to play with stuff like this.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

ear1grey: I recall seeing that, either in a topic post or in the trac. Thanks for that. I will hope for the best on that one. Right now, doing it manually is a big PITA, but I wonder if the Site Management “Recounts” might help with keeping it all straight after moving things around.

Thanks.

What’s the status of this plugin?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar