Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Specific User Write Access

• JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

I would like to create a forum that is readable by the public but only specific users can post in. How do I do this on a specific user base instead of a role base?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress has its own roles

so user not registered would see all public forums but not able to post, but would not see private forums
    registered users with wordpress roles would be able to do all wordpress things but with ‘no role’ in the user profile under forum would not be able to post in the forum.
    registered users with forum roles (eg participant, moderator) would be able to see public and private forums, and if wordpress roles set would be able to carry out wordpress roles
    registered users with spectator role would be able to view both public & private forums but not participate.

you should be able to achieve whatever you want with a role based solution.

come back with further details if this is not what you are trying to achieve

JosiahW
    Participant

@josiahw

I need to assign forums to specific users for them to post in those forums but not others.

Forum A – user 2 and user 5 can post to this forum and nobody else can. User 1,3 and 4 cannot post here. Everybody can read.
    Forum B – user 1 and user 3 can post to this forum and nobody else can. User 2,4 and 5 cannot post here. Everybody can read.
    Forum C – user 4 and user 1 can post to this forum and nobody else can. User 2,3 and 5 cannot post here. Everybody can read.

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be coded, but it’s not possible at the moment.

My private groups plugin is probably the closest – it lets you assign users to forums, but as the name suggests keeps the forums private. http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbp-private-groups/

I don’t currently have plans to offer that possibility.

You could use BuddyPress’ Groups… Each BuddyPress Group you would make ‘public’ allowing all your users to read each of the forums, and set the invites to admin can invite, admin/moderators can invite or group members can invite, thus only accepted members can actually post in each of your group forums.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar