Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Special Member Acknowledgement?

• I need to find a way to highlight certain members. These folks are not necessarily moderators, but I want them to have special high ranking and a way to distinguish them – an icon, a different color, whatever. I’d also like them to have a special profile page that features a bio, photo and so on. I guess it could link to some personal url if the former idea is not possible.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I think it can be done by hacking the template to add

author-author ID

as a class to the DIV and then style as per CSS

Ah – that’s a cool idea. So…. basically I’d just have to add some new CSS rules each time I wanted to highlight someone new? Seems like a risky way to do it given any upgrade or migration I might need to do in the future no?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The author ID should be pretty constant no matter what you do with migration or upgrade. The worst thing about it is that you will be hard coding the author ID in your style.css. You could always create a plugin and make an admin page, but if it’s not going to happen too often, simply editing the style.css should not be too bad. I can imagine a couple different classes (super member, cool dude, expert, pro, etc) then for each of those defined classes you would just add to the members that applies to:

.pro, .author-14, .author-355, .author-84 {
    font-weight: bold;
    background-color: #666;
    border: 1px solid #CCC;
    }

You would just add more .author- classes to your CSS to have that new author highlighted like others of the same stature.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Also you can user Post Count Plus to have other customization options.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar