Categories
Search
Bottom

Some installation advice please

• unklee
    Participant

@unklee

Hi. I have 2 questions please.

1. I want to install bbpress as part of a larger website to replace an old Vanilla forum, which has a subdirectory structure I have defined, with links from over a hundred web pages. But when I start to set up the forum, I can choose my name for the forum root, but I seem to be forced to use a subdirectory structure that begins with mydomain/blog/forum root/forum. This doesn’t match what was there before, and so I will have to change the links on a hundred+ pages. Is there any way to change the root of the forum to something simpler like mydomain/myname?

2. I use a WordPress theme with several options for sidebars ( one each side, two on the right, only one, etc). Each post I can choose which option I want. But when I begin a new forum for each topic, I don’t get that choice, I just get the main sidebar, which is on the right on the blog, on the left as a default. Is there some way I can change this?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• unklee
    Participant

@unklee

Can anyone help me with this please?

I think I can solve the first issue using the .htaccess file. But can I get a solution on the second please?

i.e. can I choose the page layout (sidebars, etc) on the forum like I can on my blog posts??

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar