Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Some confusing and strange behaviour.

• thoughtbludgeon

@thoughtbludgeon

I would like to avoid all of the typical wordpress “backend” stuff for my users. For example, when a user registers, he just gets redirected back to whatever page he was at beforehand – there is no notification page or “success” page, just a redirect – how are my users to know they should check their email? How can I create a page that simply says “thank you for registering, please check your email for your username and password” after they register?

I would like to avoid getting redirected to the default “/wp-login.php” and instead use the bbpress login page I created. I would also like to use the bbpress registration page I made (using the shortcode and template) instead of “/wp-login.php?action=register”. Is this possible?

I would like to keep users on the front end of the site.

I created a page for forgotten passwords – after a user fills out the form, they are simply redirected – no notification of what just happened, no message that says “Your password is being email to you”, how can I go about making this more user friendly? If someone uses incorrect login detail, they simply get redirected to “/wp-login.php”, I would like them to stay on the “front end” of the site (I have a login page there after all).

Why does everything redirect in some way or another to “/wp-login.php”? How can I integrate this fully into the site without always jumping to a wordpress page?

Second issue, I seem to be having a problem with some of the other page, if I try to view members or a single member I get a 404. When going to “/index.php/forums/users/”. Any idea why these pages do not work?

Here is my domain: http://www.tbgamers.com

Thanks, I’d appreciate any help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• thoughtbludgeon

@thoughtbludgeon

In regards to the user issue – it seems only normal users get 404′s when they try to edit or view their profile – the admin profile works flawlessly.

thoughtbludgeon

@thoughtbludgeon

I have managed to get everything fixed aside from one remaining issue.

Users pages do not work. When anyone cliks on a user name – they get a 404. The admin user page works fine – but all other users are a 404. Any help?

wjonathan
    Participant

@wjonathan

Hello thoughtbludgeon,

I noticed on your blog you have solved the issue with the user profile error404 displaying as a body class. I too am having this issue and haven’t been able to find a working solution. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

wolfie-79
    Participant

@wolfie-79

I agree with you. Obviously everything must be handeled front end. Can’t figure out to the life of me why this isn’t integrated.

How did you get it working with getting a thank you page after user registers?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Saying that it’s obvious isn’t really fair. WordPress works in specific ways for specific reasons; blindly, forcefully overriding it isn’t something to take lightly.

I’m looking at the 404 issue.

wolfie-79
    Participant

@wolfie-79

I don’t mean any disrespect, but I’m curious – when would you want to show the WordPress logo and backend in any product? Which product would that be?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.