Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

So….Whats happening with bbpress?

• In terms of plugin development and general development. I see the trac states some one has been working very hard on bbpress but that were also 10-11 months behind on a simple release?

–Wasn’t sure where this was suppose to go.

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

My BBPress installation is in a different database than wordpress. Will it still work?

I had to do this because integration was a mess. So I simply made a whole new database.

Will it not work then?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

There will be a lot of people in the same situation, so I’m pretty sure that will be possible, even if it’s not in the first release.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

There will be a lot of people in the same situation, so I’m pretty sure that will be possible, even if it’s not in the first release.

Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

I think your number one priority should be your already established userbase. Of people who are passionaty about BBpress already, and want to get in on the newest version.

So you should make it possible in pretty much all ways possible, to carry on a preexisting installation into to the new plugin version.

That would give the product its best possible start.

Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

I think your number one priority should be your already established userbase. Of people who are passionaty about BBpress already, and want to get in on the newest version.

So you should make it possible in pretty much all ways possible, to carry on a preexisting installation into to the new plugin version.

That would give the product its best possible start.

[removed]
    Participant

@litso

Why aren’t we able to add comments to plugins anymore?

[removed]
    Participant

@litso

Why aren’t we able to add comments to plugins anymore?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

A conversion script will be bundled with the plugin, however since bbPress doesn’t come with an export tool, it will probably happen at the database level and not via an XML import/export.

JJJ, forgive me if I missed this elsewhere on the forum… will the conversion script come with RC1? Or will that be in a later update?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

A conversion script will be bundled with the plugin, however since bbPress doesn’t come with an export tool, it will probably happen at the database level and not via an XML import/export.

JJJ, forgive me if I missed this elsewhere on the forum… will the conversion script come with RC1? Or will that be in a later update?

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar