Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sitemap generator

• Hello,

like for WordPress, i think a sitemap generator is interesting for the users who wants a forum good in seo.

someone would have it plans to make a nice sitemap plugin? : p

++

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

There is a sitemap plugin for bbPress:

http://boakes.org/download/bbpress_sitemap.txt

This is old and I can’t find a link to it on the author’s site any more, but there it is.

it works! :p

can i add this plugin in the extend and put the original author in the plugin? Or the author is present in the forum?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I have not seen the author around in a while. I would say if it’s not your work, you should not upload it to the extend section. I didn’t see it there already. Of course, someone could look at this plugin and extend it. It’s GPL2 licensed.

There was a problem with the plugin creating a site map when there are lots of posts; it slowed down posting. Maybe it could be fixed to allow creation of the sitemap via cron or via a GET request, rather than randomly when a post is marked favorite. There was also a problem with certain characters not being encoded in the URL if you’re not using permalinks.

Lots of work could be done to extend and improve the plugin, then it could be released and posted to the bbPress extend/plugins section.

I installed this plugin. Does it create the sitemap.xml file?

you can choose the location of the sitemap.xml file, and the name too :) (see at the top of the mod)

create the .xml file and chmod 777, make a new post and see the .xml file, the sitemap is completed :)

Perfect thanks!

Gio

Glad to see the GPL bit is working :) Employment is stifling any development time for me at the moment, so I’m way quieter than I’d like to be!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Nice to see you around :-)

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w009804c/gruenderstipendium/bb-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w009804c/gruenderstipendium/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 228

:(

after open new topic

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

You have a blank line at the start of the plugin file. Remove it.

When I post a new thread I face this problem

my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 154

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 167

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 168

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 170

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 171

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 208

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 209

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 210

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 211

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 212

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 213

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 208

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 209

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 210

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sarvhac/public_html/Tehran/forum/my-plugins/bbpress-sitemap-generator/bbpress_sitemap.php on line 211

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid strea

For me everything is ok, It works … No have errors …

I have the same problem as SARVHA.

Perhaps the plugin is outdated ((

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Are you using this plugin?

sanjibeceltic

@sanjibeceltic

Sitemap is really help full in SEO. If you a site then you need to add a site map in your site.

http://www.thebodyholiday.com

http://www.capmaison.com

Hi i m Monicar.I think a sitemap generator is more interesting for the users who wants a forum good in SEO.

I have many interesting story for dating.

I made a blog post on how I did the sitemap using the existing plugin:

How to create a Google XML Sitemap bbPress

It works for me :)

Regards

Be careful, if you use the forum within a wordpress website with a sitemap on its own. Choose then another filename!

Alex
    Participant

@cwdnow

For those that couldn’t get sitemap generator working with nicer permalinks, I modified the file: bbpress_sitemap.zip.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to read more from you.

davidjams25

@davidjams25

Thanks for providing such a great article, it was excellent and very informative. as a first time visitor to your blog I am very impressed. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up.

Thank you.

Jingards0118

@jingards0118

Thank you for this interesting blog. Very useful indeed, specially for SEO. I wanna be very good in WordPress, this information will surely help me a lot. Please keep posting more new features. Thanks again!

CharlesFLuttrell

@charlesfluttrell

the article is very helpful to me.. the information is very beneficial.. thanks a lot.. good day..

ScottLAnderson

@scottlanderson

Sitemap generator, very interesting. I should try this.

Cool. Thanks

My website has the forum section and the existing CMS with sitemap. if i switch to bbpress for my forum will it crawl the whole website or just the forum section?

thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar