Categories
Search
Bottom

Site url changed and locked out of admin area

• bbpress version 0.9.0.2

Operating System: Linux Hosting

Configuration: 2.0

PHP Version: 5.x

I was trying to change the url of my bbpress forum because it was loading from the preview site that GoDaddy gave me before I made it live. In doing so I effectively locked myself out of the admin area and redirected all of the content. Is there a php file that I can re-upload to counter the changes I made or do I need to talk to my server host? The error message I get when I click on a topic or category is that safari can’t find the content on the server, I then set the url to the url I last changed it to and get the message “No input file specified.”

Take a look at http://www.truediy.com if you want to see what I am talking about.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have a tool like phpMyAdmin, I think you should be able to log in there and change the site URL.

You used to be able to define the site URL in the bb-config.php as well. This is what used to be in that file:

// The full URL of your bbPress install
    $bb->uri = 'http://www.truediy.com/';

Maybe if you put that second line in your bb-config.php maybe that will override the database settings? (Actually, I’m fairly certain that will work. Then you can update the settings in the admin.)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Thanks for all the supporting info, too.

Perfect, that did the trick! I appreciate the help!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Setting $bb->uri in your config file still works (and always should).

I am having the same problem but I don’t see $bb->uri in my config file, I see it in my bb-settings file. Do I change it there in my bb-settings file as it is not in the config file. If I need to add it to my bb-config file where do i put it, anywhere? What effect will this have on my database in the fourm? as I believe the database is shared with wordpress so will it effect the content on the wordpress side?

Thanks, putting that in the bb-config.php file worked for me! And it seems my settings in the admin area were updated with the new url too.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar