• rixtertrader
    Participant

@rixtertrader

Wordpress Version: 3.5
    Theme: Optimize Press
    Plugins: WishList Member v2.71 and bbPress v2.2.3
    =====================================================

Greetings!

I’ve been tackling this problem for so long now that my mind is turning to mush. I really need some direction on this…please?

Task: My site contains static PAGES for subscribers to view/download content. I have also created some PAGES that are to be DISCUSSION pages, where each PAGE deals with just ONE (1) topic only.

Example: On my site you have a PAGE called FORUM DISCUSSIONS. On this page you will find 4 links representing the TOPICS.

TOPIC ONE
    TOPIC TWO
    TOPIC THREE
    TOPIC FOUR

If you click on the link TOPIC ONE, you arrive at the TOPIC ONE PAGE. Here, I would like to allow my members to post their questions, comments, and even embed a picture if they wish.

Each member that posts on this PAGE would see their comment show up at the very top, pushing previous posts down the page. And of course, the member name, date and time of post is important for each post made.

While I know how to create a PAGE where I want a specific TOPIC discussed (and only that TOPIC), I don’t know how to give it the ability I just described above (allow users to post, include picture, have it show up at the top, etc.)

I’m thinking this is not difficult but I can’t seem to find the answers to my specific needs. I do not want my members creating the topics. I don’t want all the other fluff that shows how many members there are, how many are online, or any other additional information. Just a simple editor box to create the post, and for that post to show up at the top of the PAGE.

Can this be done?

Thank you in advance!

🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar