Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Showing user favorite topics outside of profile

• highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

I’m trying to show a logged-in user’s favorite topics on a single page like the page-front-topics.php template that’s included in the bbpress default theme. I used the exact same syntax as in that file but instead called in another template I created, content-archive-favorites.php, which contains the exact code (minus the containing div) from the user-favorites.php file.

It just shows that the user has no favorites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I think you need to check your settings so that you can show some of your topics

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

What setting would disallow me from seeing my own favorite topics?

If you are using a multisite install make sure you are viewing the template on the same site as the forums are in, otherwise it will not pick them up

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

I’m not using multisite, but thanks for the suggestion @Trobee

And I do have a few favorites selected, FYI

ironman
    Participant

@shl0586

hi I have the same problem as yours. Did you find solutions to the problem? If you have an answer, please let me know.
    I think bbPress’s favorite page is based on the customization of the profile page. Can I ask bbpress team to share the template of the favorite page of bbpress forum?

ironman
    Participant

@shl0586

I think I found the solutions. in the user-favorites.php. I chanaged a little. and I come up with what i want.

hanna67
    Participant

@hanna67

I think this has something to do with the template you used for your blog. Not sure though since I haven’t encountered this issue before and I haven’t really thought about it.

hanna67
    Participant

@hanna67

Did you find the solution to your problem? Sorted Mortgage Claculator

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar