Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Show logged in users posts at top of page

• Hello,

We use bbPress as our forum on woothemes.com and users sometimes have a hard time finding their support query when they come back to the forum. I know you can click on your user profile and see it there, but most new users don’t know that.

Is there any code that we can use to add a list of the last 5 posts created by the user and place it on the forum index page?

This is how it looks now: http://is.gd/5GOQm

I’d like to add it either at the top above “Latest Topics”

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Rescued from akismet today

I think if you looked at how the profile page does it (recent replies and topics started) you should be able to figure out how to use that on this page.

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

First thing’s first, you have a nice forum layout – I like the edits you have implemented. :)

There are quite a lot of options for you, and which ever one you choose should not make your forum look to ‘full’.

As Chris said, if you want to do it on the front page, it would be as simple as copying the loops that are run on the profile.php file in my-templates. There should be two – but I’m not sure. Don’t have access to my server right now.

The other option is to create a view, just like The one’s displayed at the bottom of your front page. It would be quite a nice idea to create a view for the user’s latest topics and replies – thus having it on a separate page, but easy to get to as the view would be marked ‘See your Posts’, for example.

Now, unfortunately, I can’t help with the setting up of views (I would be able to if I had access to my server). At least you have some options on the table. There are some highly experienced members here that will be able to assist you in setting up a view.

Take care,

Michael

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar