Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Show Forum, But Disallow Access

• I’m using the Hidden Forum plugin, but want to know if there is a way to still show the forum, but not allow access. I want people to see that there are parts of the forum they cannot access unless they sign up for paid forum support.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You want them to be able to read, but not post?

Chris, no, I want them to see particular forums on the “front page” but when they click the forum link they can’t see any of the posts. Other forums like phpbb3, etc have this. Part of my forum is going to be open to the public, while another part is going to be paid support. I want people to see how many people are using the paid support but not be able to access that part of the forum behind the front page.

Make sense?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, all forums will be listed on the front page. Some of those forums will allow full access, but others (the paid forums) will give a message like “if you give me some money, I will let you in”, right?

Just trying to get an idea of what you’re trying to do, before thinking about how to do it.

Chris, yes, that is absolutely right.

On a side note, I’m happy to pay you for your time if you want to help me figure out a way to do this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar