Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Server Size required for large BuddyPress group?

• willgetitdunn
    Participant

@willgetitdunn

Heyo! I am planning on making a BuddyPress group for a non-profit group I work with to help them organize their volunteer events and stay connected with each other. I expect their # of users to be around 200 and each year expect an additional 50 “inactive” users whose profiles will not be deleted (because we’d want their activity on the site to remain when they are gone) but they will no longer be using the site (these users are “alumni” who have graduated from the University). There are approximately 150 events each year and we would want each to have their own blog post with approximately 3 pictures each.

Does anyone know how much server space will be needed to support this group? I am currently using GoDaddy hosting for another site, which allows for 1GB of a mySQL database but I am not sure if that will be enough and may seek an alternative provider. Splitting it among multiple tables would be possible but I would rather create 1 large database.

Thanks!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I am currently using GoDaddy hosting for another site, which allows for 1GB of a mySQL database but I am not sure if that will be enough

That indeed will be more than enough, if you needed 100 times your requirements then maybe some more accurate testing would be required.

Typically with web hosts when you find you are nearing your file and/or database storage limits you will receive a notification from them which would typically include details on how to seamlessly upgrade your site with increased storage for the relevant file or db storage.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar