Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Send Post takes 45 seconds

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

When viewing pages on my forum, the pages load relatively quickly and normally. When submitting a new post, or editing an existing post (as admin) after hitting “send post” there is a 45 second delay. This happened once before (on Jan 16, if it matters) but appeared to go away on its own. Now, it’s back, for the past 12 hours or so. Every post that is submitted has a 45 second delay. The display of the page happens fine:

0.986 - 13 queries is one example.

It’s just new posts, new topics or edited posts that have the 45 second delay. Setting the akismet key to FALSE did not improve the response time. This is a new problem. The forum software was fine for a couple months and now has this problem.

Also, I’m using 0.73. I know I need to upgrade to 0.75, but I was kind of waiting for 0.80, and the fact that 0.73 has been running fine for a long time, with this problem just cropping up makes me think it’s something else. Of course, I will upgrade if you think it will help.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Still having this problem today. My database is on a different server. Maybe in most circumstances, it’s on localhost. Would mysql_connect() cause a delay where mysql_pconnect() would be more appropriate with the database being on a different server? Just asking: I had a problem with persistent connections causing about a 30 second delay with an application before, and the pconnect fixed that problem.

Also, if you make two quick posts on one topic, the second one seems to go in quickly, without the 45 second delay. It appears normal.

davidbessler

@davidbessler

I’ve been having this problem with bbpress.org forum. not just mine.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I had a similar problem on bbpress.org/forums/, which resulted in a 408 timeout. I posted about that problem here.

Thanks for the bump.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Or, alternatively, does anyone in the know have an idea of how I can troubleshoot this? It’s painful to make a post with the way things are now.

Still using .73 and using the following plugins:

allow-images.php

bb-limit-latest-discussion.php

bb-memberlist.php

bbpress_sitemap.php

notification.php

onlinelist.php

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is it possible the sitemap plugin takes that long (40+ seconds) to write the sitemap? I have around 2000 posts in my forum right now…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar