Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search input redirects to homepage with no results

• Tom
    Participant

@godsdead

The search function on the forum does not work, it just redirects to my homepage with no results.
    It would be nice to have all search integrated into the main search function of wordpress, but the only plugin I can find hasn’t been updated since 2011.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, on the specific forum search, it is probably plugin or theme related

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

but since you say you don’t really want that, you could disable the forum search

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

and to add forum searches to the main search use

function filter_search($query) {
        if ($query->is_search) {
    	$query->set('post_type', array('post', 'pages', 'forum', 'topic', reply'));
        };
        return $query;
    };
    add_filter('pre_get_posts', 'filter_search');

This is untested code, I copied it from another forum, but should work, come back if it does or doesn’t to help future readers of this thread!

Fxam
    Participant

@fxam

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem. I have the bbpress default search function on my main forum (forum-idex) but searches have no results. No matter whether I search for “sub-forum titles or topics.
    I would like all “topic tags” to from all “sub-forums” to come up as a result.
    Is this possible? What do I have to do?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar