Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Search doesn't work

• Thrifty T
    Participant

@thrifty-t

I recently installed bbpress on my site (great plug-in, by the way). I’m currently working out the kinks.

One of my biggest problems is that the search function doesn’t work. See http://www.churchofficehelpdesk.com/test where I’m using the shortcode. I’ve used words that I know are on the site. Not only do they not show up, but “sorry, no results were found appears multiple times on the results page.”

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Thrifty T
    Participant

@thrifty-t

bump

Something is modifying your queries in correctly – either your theme or a plugin.

I triggered a search via http://churchofficehelpdesk.com/forums/search/?bbp_search=problems and the page pretty much exploded.

First thing to do is eliminate the theme as the problem. Temporarily switch you theme to TwentyTwelve, does that fix the issue? If yes, then your theme is doing something it shouldn’t be.

If no, then deactivate all your plugins except bbPress and see if that fixes it.

There is a 98% chance that one of the two methods above will reveal the cause. I’ve ran into this problem before and it was due to improper query hijacks.

Thrifty T
    Participant

@thrifty-t

Thanks for the feedback Jared! I was finally able to take a minute to figure out that the problem is the theme. Do you know how I can figure out why the theme is causing this problem?

Thanks!

Daniel J. Lewis
    Participant

@djosephdesign

I’m also interested in the solution to this. I use a custom child theme to the Genesis Framework, but I’m also using Relevanssi. Either of these are probably messing up my forum searches.

tomtower
    Participant

@tomtower

I have the same problem
    can you help me?

Did you do as suggested above ? Did you switch to a standard theme, did you deactivate all other plugins ?

Pascal.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar