Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

return grok(Your attempt to do this has failed.);

• I read earlier in this post where _ck_, chrishajer et al weighed in on what may generate a bbPress error.

I am increasingly running into the standard Your attempt to do this has failed message, which is better than browning-the-internet but not as good as ice-cream.

From a user perspective, my issues appear to be form related, as I only step in it once I click on it, haha.

The plugins are used by others with dissimilar complaints ;) This points to my environment (patch level etc.)

If it’s the blend of bbPress + plugin, I’d like to be in the position to start beating on errors with my hammer.

And there’s the rub: to find the errors. I am bereft of grok.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • In bb-settings.php I changed the line that excluded some PHP errors (error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);) to error_reporting(E_ALL); hoping to see something in /myforumdir/error_log

I’ll keep looking for the switch.

Ok, I’m getting something printed to the screen.

The main one (because it’s related to a core file):

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/musnake/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-cron.php on line 189

which is the last line of the following block:

function wp_cron() {
    // Prevent infinite loops caused by cron page requesting itself
    $request_uri = parse_url($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
    $cron_uri = parse_url(BP_Options::get('cron_uri'));

if ( $request_uri['host'] == $cron_uri['host'] && $request_uri['path'] == $cron_uri['path'] )

The rabbit hole leads to bb-includesclass.bp-options.php around line 14:

function get($option) {
    switch ($option) {
    case 'cron_uri':
    return bb_get_uri('bb-cron.php', array('check' => BP_Options::get('cron_check')), BB_URI_CONTEXT_WP_HTTP_REQUEST);

Is this ice-cream?:

if(!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {
    $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = substr($_SERVER['argv'][0], strpos($_SERVER['argv'][0], ';') + 1);
    }

$request_uri = parse_url($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

I guess $request_uri['host'] isn’t set as the notice goes away if wrap a simple if isset around the next block. That snippet doesn’t work for me BTW. I thought $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] was the URI used to call up that page. How is it missing? It is just a notice. I should go back to the plugin issues (Undefined index: plugin and Undefined action: )

First question: What theme?

Second: What are you trying to do? Just … anything randomly pops this up?

Theme Name: Kakumei Blue Version: 0.01 theta-beta

Well, a modified copy of it anyway.

The current incarnation of this is with the Enhanced Tag Heat Map 1.0.2

If I try to update changes made to the settings I get The Green Box.

With the change to the PHP error level, I get the following notices displayed at the top of the screen:

Notice: Undefined index: plugin in /home/musnake/public_html/forum/my-plugins/enhanced-tag-heat-map/enhanced-tag-heat-map.php on line 485

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/musnake/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-cron.php on line blah

Notice: Undefined index: action in /home/musnake/public_html/forum/my-plugins/enhanced-tag-heat-map/enhanced-tag-heat-map.php on line 586

Notice: Undefined index: action in /home/musnake/public_html/forum/my-plugins/enhanced-tag-heat-map/enhanced-tag-heat-map.php on line 618

I was looking to debug why I get The Green Box.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Hey Chris,

Apache version	1.3.41 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.5
    MySQL version 5.0.51a-community
    Architecture i686
    Operating system Linux

I came across the other stuff while searching…

(and figured, heck, I’m hungry, I think I’ll put that in my mouth…)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you post a link to your forum so we can see what’s happening?

After emailing Chris the link, the issue disappeared.

Got to love things that go underground.

Thanks though.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar