Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reqest: 1 year membership (plugin).

• Hi,

I don’t have the time right now to created something like this, so perhaps someone else does.

This is what I would like to have:

When a user signs up at the forum, his registrationd date is saved. Now after 1 year I want to auto delete this user unless he prolonges his membership.

In short:

sign up -> 1 year later -> e-mail to member with a link to prolong his membership -> extent membership for another year OR delete user if link is not clikcked in x days.

So the mail would have some text like:

Dear $user,

It’s 1 year ago when you signed up at $forumname. In order to keep our database clean we automaticly delete all users that have signed up 1year ago. If you want to stay a member, click the following link:

-link-

If this link isn’t clicked in x days your membership will be terminated.

The user will get an comfirmation when his membership is deleted or prolonged.

Until the users acts his membership will be frozen. When login in at this time he will see a messages like: account frozen plze read your -email to re-activate.

This way I hope to keep the database clean and auto delete inactive users AND bots.

Greetz,

Null

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I would like to see the plugin when you get it done. Sounds like a cron job could be written to check the registration dates, then when a year has gone by, send out an email with a link to extend his account another year. You might want to do that only for accounts that have been inactive for some period of time. Why bother users who signed up a year ago but still contribute regularly?

I wouldn’t want to wait a year to delete a bot…

You could determine the time yourself with an admin page…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar