Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply Revisions Not Saved to DB

• aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

Hi BBPress Community,

I’ve got a fairly significant problem that I haven’t even noticed until today. No reply revisions are being saved to my Posts table since the beginning of December. I’m trying to think back to what I was changing on the site at that time and the only thing that springs to mind is the 2.2.3 update for bbPress. Checking the dates on Revisions from topics and other post types are saved without any issue.

I use define(‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, 1); in my wp-config and this has worked just fine for me in the past.

I’ve poked around some, but I’m pretty stumped as to why this is happening. Could it be a permissions issue that prevents “Participants” from saving reply revisions?

I could really use some help on this one… not being able to see that a post was edited is causing some problems for my community 🙁

Andrew

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

OK, doesn’t seem to be a permissions issue. I can’t get reply revisions to save to POSTS even as the administrator/bbp_keymaster.

Also disabled + re-enabled “Allow topic and reply revision logging” to try to “reset” the revision system, but no luck.

aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

I’ve tried a few other odds and ends to sort this out, but it seems like the problem is simply that reply edits aren’t saving revisions to the posts DB. I don’t use any plugins that could be causing this disconnect. Is it possible this is simply something that is happening within bbPress core? Probably not, because I didn’t see any other reports of this issue, but maybe nobody has noticed?

Can someone else using WP 3.5 and BBP 2.2.3 confirm that reply revision logging is working on their install?

aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

Went through the whole disable all plugins, revert to default theme thing…no luck. Really could use a confirmation from someone else running WP 3.5 and BBP 2.2.3 that reply revision logging is working for them?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Confirmed the bug. It’s fixed in trunk, and will be part of bbPress 2.3 in January.

Sorry about that.

aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

@JohnJamesJacoby, Thanks very much for confirming this! I found the ticket you created with a solution: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/4657

I’ll probably go ahead and push this through later today, great work and Merry Christmas!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar