Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Replies not showing here immediately upon refresh

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Something I’ve noticed here for a week or two. When you reply to a thread, after hitting [Send Post] the screen refreshes, the text you entered is no longer visible in the text area, but your reply is not shown. Sometimes, since I didn’t want to lose what I wrote, I would go back with the browser controls to copy my text, then I would refresh the thread and post that reply, to make sure it goes through. Then, at some point in the near future (2 minutes, 5 minutes, something like that), I look at the thread and my reply is there twice. It’s like the reply goes into the database, but upon initial submission the topic refreshes but does not show my new reply.

Just recording it here in case someone else has a similar issue.

It seems the reply always goes through, it just isn’t shown when the topic refreshes after the initial submission.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I just thought to check the address bar to see if the proper reply number is being appended, and it is. So, the URL looks like:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/column-widths-topic-posts-last-poster-freshness?replies=2#post-21105

But there is no #post-21105 (my reply) on the page. It’s just not there yet. Odd.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Also, using Firefox 3, the page loads with the top of the page displayed, not the bottom where the named anchor would be, I suppose because the anchor is not there. When it’s working properly, it loads with your latest reply in view. When the reply is not there, the page loads with the top of the topic visible.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yes I’ve observed the same problem.

At first I though it was db sync, since Automattic uses three different datacenters with sync’ed mysql.

But now I think instead it’s bad no-caching headers of some kind. bbPress sends nocache headers to prevent the old page from reloading after a post. It’s possible that’s been broken somehow.

Yah it just happened to me as well. It’s definitely a broad issue… I wonder if anyone from bbPress reads these forums regularly?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Michael is very busy on WordPress 2.7 now and Sam has been away so I am sure they will look at it when they can.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Interestingly, I just replied to a thread, but it doesn’t show up. Then I added a couple tags to that thread, and they don’t show up. I know I did it all. I will check tomorrow to see if the content shows up. This is the worst I’ve seen. Normally it’s visible within 20 or 30 seconds. This has been a few minutes now.

after install, several broken links

UPDATE: after 5 minutes, now my reply is there and so are the tags. Weirdness.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Ok, this is going to be weird. I replied to this topic prior to this reply, but it doesn’t show. So let’s see what happens when I send this reply…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I noticed this happening here and over at the WordPress.org forums, so there may have been some kind of a delay.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar