Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing the Status Bar in Forums

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

You can hide it with CSS. Try adding the following code to your theme’s style.css file.

`.bbp-template-notice.info {
    visibility: hidden;
    height: 0px;
    }`

mindyjoy
    Participant

@mindyjoy

Thank you so much for responding, Shane. I couldn’t get this to work but as I was searching for further explanation, I found another fix. I added this code to the functions.php

add_filter( ‘bbp_get_single_forum_description’, ‘ja_return_blank’ );

add_filter( ‘bbp_get_single_topic_description’, ‘ja_return_blank’ );

function ja_return_blank() {

return ”;

}

for anyone else who may have this problem. Thank you for setting me in the right direction!

geoffm
    Participant

@geoffm

Just for info, I’ve just tried the CSS fix and it worked fine. I’m using the suffusion theme and added it via the custom includes. Many thanks!

NerdEnPose
    Participant

@nerdenpose

I’m using 2.3.2 and this is my solution.

There’s a function in the theme files calling this, simply noting it out or deleting it prevents the call.

// bbp_single_topic_description();
    content-single-topic.php

and

// bbp_single_topic_description( array( 'topic_id' => bbp_get_topic_id() ) );
    form-topic.php

This makes more sense to me because why generate the HTML just to bloat your CSS file to hide it? Or why add more to your functions.php file when all you need to do is some basic theme work? (Although that was some clever hacking of the wordpress/bbpress hooks there mindyjoy :))

*Make sure to move all your theme files into your wordpress theme (wp-includes/themes/your_theme/buddypress/) so you don’t lose your work with an upgrade.

Tecca
    Participant

@tecca

I completely agree with you, @nerdenpose. While the two above solutions essentially work, I’d much rather remove it completely from my theme. bbPress seems to be about clean and elegant, so I try to keep it that way by removing features that aren’t needed rather than hiding them.

Also, don’t forget to remove this line if you don’t want it shown in specific forums as well (to go along with the above post).

From content-single-forum.php:
    <?php bbp_single_forum_description(); ?>

Also the “visibility: hidden” solution in the first reply irks me a bit. It works, but instead use “display: none” if you’re looking to remove these bars using CSS.

janellv
    Participant

@janellv

Being new to all of this, could someone help with how to do this from @nerdenpose:

*Make sure to move all your theme files into your wordpress theme (wp-includes/themes/your_theme/buddypress/) so you don’t lose your work with an upgrade.

tylersoden
    Participant

@tylersoden

If anyone stumbles upon this thread and is interested in a css solution, here is the code I use. It goes in the ‘Appearance’ -> ‘Editor’ section on the wordpress control panel or in ‘~/<your theme folder>/style.css’:

.bbp-template-notice.info { display: none; }

Mihailo
    Participant

@mihailo

Thanks tylersoden mate, this worked perfectly for me! 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar