Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing the "Comma" in subforums list

• Trilient
    Participant

@trilient

So recently my website has switched from just being a forum to becoming an actual website. We chose wordpress as a CMS because it seemed to fit all of our needs.

I’m no PHP programmer, at most I can do HTML/CSS so I need a little help. There’s a comma in my forums sub-forum list. You can visit this page: http://ludosnet.com/bbpress and see there’s an unneeded comma after every subforum. I’d like to know how to remove that. I’m using the 2010 theme with a few of my own customizations.

We’re in the process of importing all of our forums over to bbpress from xenforo, but it’s a rather complicated task. So any help would be appreciated.

Also concerning bbpress what plugins would you recommend to make the software have a few more features?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

Somewhere in your bbPress theme file there is an unneeded comma sitting between two quotation mark characters.

Remove ", " …and you should be good.

As for features; it really depends on what you’re looking for. GD bbPress Toolkit has some cool features; like attachments, signatures, custom views etc.

Trilient
    Participant

@trilient

Yeah, but I can’t find it in my theme. =\

The default ‘separator’ for the forum list is a comma (that comma you see on your site).

I see you have tweaked your forum list yourself so that each forum is on a new line.

I can’t see how you did this at the moment as I am using my phone and no CSS inspector.

Take a look at this https://gist.github.com/3797945 and add it to your functions.php of your theme or add it as a standalone plugin. Instead of a ‘comma’ I have a BR element there which if you removed the tweaks you have already made in your CSS for the forum list, this code snippet will give you the result you are looking for.

Trilient
    Participant

@trilient

Thanks a lot! That did exactly what I wanted it to 🙂

leanderbraunschweig
    Participant

@leanderbraunschweig

Works perfect for me as well, thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar